Monday, April 18, 2016

I love sports!

As far back as I can remember, I have always loved watching sports with my Dad. I remember specifically watching Detroit Red Wings games with him as a child. This love for sports crossed over to baseball and basketball. I played wheelchair basketball with the Sterling Heights Challengers from the time I was in elementary school up until my senior year in high school.

One thing that learned from watching and playing sports was to work with others. I was taught that if a group of people come together, they can accomplish anything. I have used this lesson of teamwork in my school career as well as working in the internship I am currently working at. I enjoy working with other people because I feel it makes work go by faster.

I believe that my love for sports and ability to work well with other people will help me one day get a job in the marketing field. I believe I can contribute a lot to a workplace because of the fact that I learned at a young age to get along with others and work towards a team goal.

4 comments:

  1. It's so nice to see that you have made these memories with your father at a young age. I feel that children now associate love with purchasing things, and it is about making memories! The lessons you learned will carry over into all aspects of your life. I hope you can pass it on to other young children in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andrew! I can't say that i love sports, but maybe I actually do love sports. It seems I could care less about the latest baseball or football score, however I love Olympic sports, curling, and playoff hockey. On second thought, maybe I should just be Canadian. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a fun post to read! I agree that sports really helps to understand and work as a team.

    ReplyDelete