Sunday, February 26, 2017

My Top 10 Favorite Detroit Sports Moments

Sports have given me some of the most exciting moments of my life. Here is a list of ten of my favorite moments by the teams in the city of Detroit. Even though some of them happened when I was young, I can still remember watching them and I know how excited they made me.

10.Sergei Federov scores all five goals for the Detroit Red Wings to beat the Washington Capitals 5-4.
9.Austin Jackson makes a catch in left center field to preserve what was at the time Armando Galaraga's perfect game.
8.Calvin Johnson scores touchdown in week 1 of the 2010 season to beat the Chicago Bears (despite what the NFL rule book says).
7.Richard "Rip" Hamilton scores 31 points in game 3 of 2004 NBA finals against Los Angeles Lakers.
6.Pavel Datsyuk scores unbelievable goal against the Minnesota Wild in a shootout.
5.J.D. Martinez hits go ahead home run in first at bat after returning from broken elbow. (Video courtesy of MLB.com: http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/70087564/v1005872483)
4.Detroit Pistons win the 2004 NBA Championship over the Los Angeles Lakers.
3.Detroit Red Wings win 1997 Stanley Cup.
2.Magglio Ordonez hits walk-off home run to send the Detroit Tigers to the World Series.
1.Steve Yzerman double overtime goal in game 7 against the St. Louis Blues.

3 comments:

  1. I also remember when the Pistons won the 2004 NBA finals! It was amazing and we haven't had a team like that since!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the Stanley Cup '97, I was very young but it was memorable!

    Vernie

    ReplyDelete